Sunday, February 19, 2012

Make-up Board

I decided to dust off the old glue gun and make a make-up board! I have wanted to make one of these since I saw one on Pinterest. I found this AMAZING blog  http://laurathoughts81.blogspot.com/2011/03/make-up-magnet-board.html and decided to make one of my own.


First, I went to Michael's Craft Store and bought a new picture frame, you can buy a used one- but I didn't want to have to sand down and paint an old frame. I got this frame for $4.00 using a 50% off coupon.



Then I went to Lowes and purchased this piece of metal, it was $9.50. I have plenty of left over metal for 3-4 more make-up boards.

I cut the metal down, using tin snips, and placed it in the frame. I used the insert from the picture frame to measure it. 




I purchased these magnets at Hobby Lobby $4.19 for 50 magnets. (I used a 40% off coupon).


Then gather your make-up collection. This is my super random collection, don't judge :)


Take a magnet and dab a bit of hot glue on it then slap it on the back of your make-up container... like so...



You may need to use a few magnets on the larger items.


Let it sit for a while...


Now, I used an old can... but you can use pretty much any type of holder for your eyeliner, tweezers, brushes, eye lash curlers, etc.


 Put it all together and what do you get...


An AMAZING make-up board.



 Your friends will be jealous, your hubby (or boyfriend) will be thankful, and you will just love it!








No comments:

Post a Comment